Saturday, August 27, 2016

Simpson Desert Trek 2 epilogue





EN: Apparently I can't walk in a straight line, there must be a reason, perhaps a side of the pack heavier that made me go walk slightly towards my left side or because the sun mainly coming from the North on my left side was attracting me ? I don't know but here is the map with all my GPS points. I stopped in Poeppel Corner with 2,5 liter left and 4 CLIFBARs so enough for 1,5 days maximum walk depending on the temperature. For this reason I asked evacuation from Ranger Don Rowlands.
This means I succeeded my second desert trek of +-250km (this one:280km) after Death Valley. In 3 weeks I'm flying to Bolivia to attempt for the second time to cross both brothers Salars unsupported : Coipasa and Uyuni from Sabaya to Uyuni via Isla Pescado and Isla Incahuasi... a world first if succeeded.

MAP Simpson Desert Trek 2 (2016) with/avec 360 photos.

Now after thinking, I think it is possible to do Lucas Trihey's route (400km, East Bore - Geocenter - Birdsville) in 15 days the way I did it and replacing all weight of video equipement by more water and more food. This would be as follows: 47 liter water, 7,5kg of food and a total of 60-61kg on the back so that leaves 5,5kg for a small camera, tent, sleeping bag, airmattress, backpack itself, a spare underwear and socks, some first aid and of course a satphone, epirb and GPS.

FR: Apparemment je ne marche pas en ligne droite. Il doit y avoir une raison. Un côté du sac plus lourd? Attiré par le soleil venant du Nord ? Je ne sais pas mais voici la carte du parcours. Arrivée à Poeppel avec 2.5 litres d'eau et 4 CLIFBAR assez pour tenir 1.5 jours de marche au max en fonction de la température. J'ai donc appelé le ranger Don Rowlands pour m'évacuer. J'ai donc réussi le minimum que je voulais atteindre. Mon deuxième désert de plus de 250km (celui-ci 280km à vol d'oiseau) après la Vallée de la Mort. Dans 3 semaines je pars en Bolivie tenter pour la deuxième fois un autre désert de 250km. Les fameux déserts de sels Coipasa et Uyuni de Coipasa à Uyuni en passant la La Isla Pescado et Isla Incahuasi. Une 1ère mondiale si succès.


No comments: